Woodward Design+Build Headquarters
Woodward Design+Build’s Headquarters, completed in October 2011, is a 45,000 square foot mixed use office building located in the center of New Orleans, Louisiana. A collaborative design process delivered a building that accommodates the company’s current and future needs while striving to meet high standards in accordance with the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED rating system.
The Woodward team designed the building using the latest technologies in Virtual Design and Construction, which uses virtual models of projects to analyze and identify potential problems and solutions as a building design evolves and as construction progresses.
As a regional leader in sustainable building, Woodward’s new building was thoughtfully designed to embody the company’s commitment to sustainability, both in the building process and in the features of the completed structure:
- Building site orientation to maximize natural lighting while minimizing solar heat gain
- Over 54% of construction and demolition waste was diverted from landfills to be recycled or reused
- Strategic, central location provides convenient access to a multi-modal transportation system
- Low-emitting construction and finishing materials throughout the building
- Largest photovoltaic panel system in New Orleans with 277 solar panels that offset over 20% of the total building energy usage
- 1800 square foot green roof enjoyed by company employees
In addition to Woodward’s own office, our new building features an additional 10,000 square feet of commercial space facing Jefferson Davis Parkway, bringing retail space to an underserved area of New Orleans and contributing to a more pedestrian-friendly, connected community.
Our company has always been based in New Orleans, and our new headquarters is a major investment and a statement that Woodward is here to stay. The track record we’ve built over the generations is a testament to our commitment to the New Orleans area, and we’re proud that with our new headquarters we now have a true showcase for the Woodward name.
Ken Flower, Vice President of Woodward Design+Build
DesignWoodward Design Group (Erik Wismar, AIA, LEED AP)
Size43,000 Square Feet
LocationNew Orleans, LA
In the News
- WDSU Coverage of the Grand Opening for Woodward’s New Headquarters
28 Nov 2011
- WVUE Coverage of the Grand Opening for Woodward’s New Headquarters
28 Nov 2011
- Ken Flower Interviewed About New Headquarters on WVUE
28 Nov 2011
- Woodward Grand Opening!
18 Nov 2011
- Top Private Companies
21 Mar 2011