Trapolin-Peer Office Building

The architecture firm of Trapolin-Peer chose Woodward Design+Build to be the general contractor on their new office building. The historic renovation utilized the original building façade in the 800 block of Tchoupitoulas Street, adjacent to other vintage structures in the Warehouse District. This pre-turn-of-the-century building is one of the few remaining buildings designed by James Dakin in New Orleans, a preeminent architect of that time. Originally a 3 story building built in 1846 by Sidle and Stewart, it was first a business for Rowland Redmond, then the Royal Broom factory. Most recently it was home to Standard Supply and Hardware.

The first floor of the new building is open to accommodate 6,100 sf of tenant space. The upper two floors provide Trapolin–Peer Architects with nearly 7,000 sf of office space. It features wood accented modern finishes, custom millwork and architectural lighting. These complement the open floor plans of the office, studio and conference rooms. Interior glass walls at the front allow natural light to enter through to the interior offices, while a courtyard in the rear directs natural light to open studios and workspace. In keeping with the building’s historic and cultural past, the granite sills and brick façade common to the Warehouse District were preserved.

Project Information

  • Category
    Office Building Construction
  • Owner
    Trapolin-Peer Architects
  • Design
    Trapolin-Peer Architects
  • Size
    31,000 Square Feet
  • Budget
    $2,600,000
  • Location
    New Orleans, LA
  • Completion
    March 2014

Building a Stronger Brand + Web Design by Line 58