Community Greens at Washington and Broad
Neighborhood revival is just getting started at the corner of Washington Avenue and Broad Street. Woodward Design+Build teamed up with Green Coast Enterprises, a leader in sustainable real estate development, to construct Community Greens at Washington and Broad, a multi-building construction and development project. The four buildings comprising this project were designed and built to meet LEED Certification standards.
One building, housing the social entrepreneurship incubator Propeller, has already proven to be a hub of entrepreneurial talent with offices and co-working spaces for socially minded startups. In addition to Propeller, the development features a wide array of tenants, including offices, retail, restaurants and health care clinic. It’s all part of a larger concerted effort to create a renaissance in the Broadmoor neighborhood.
The project received a Louisiana Landmark Society 2014 Award for Excellence in Historic Preservation.
CategoryHistoric Restoration Projects
Mixed Use Construction
Office Building Construction
OwnerGreen Coast Enterprises
DesignCCWIV Architecture LLC
Size28,000 Square Feet
LocationNew Orleans, LA
In the News
- Health Clinic Operator Announced for Washington and Broad
13 Jun 2014
- 3 Projects Receive Historic Restoration Awards
14 Apr 2014
- Woodward Projects Earn Awards for Excellence in Historic Preservation
19 Feb 2014
- Adaptive Reuse Development is a Bet on Broadmoor
5 Jun 2013
- Blighted New Orleans intersection at Broad, Washington set for transformation
25 Apr 2012
- Renovations at Washington and Broad streets get under way
23 Apr 2012