Senior Project Manager
Woodward is seeking a Senior Project Manager.
Responsible for the proper management and control of the total scope of services as defined in each project’s contract documents, to meet the profit objectives of the project.
The Senior Project Manager reports directly to the Vice Presidents/Project Executives for project related matter. The Senior Project Manager reports to the Senior Vice President & Sr. V.P of Operations for topics related to ethics, corporate concerns, and similar matters.
Accountable to the Senior Project Manager are the following positions:
1. Project Manager
2. Project Superintendent
3. Project Engineer/Field Office Manager
- Develop and train personnel assigned to Senior Project Manager.
- Ensure all project estimates are prepared in accordance with the requirements of the project. Become familiar enough with each estimate to fully support its integrity.
- Interface with Estimating when applicable to assure that all preconstruction information is fully understood before proceeding with the Work.
- Read and understand the Owner contract. Meet with Corporate Counsel to understand important clauses that will affect the management of the project.
- Initiate pertinent permits, contract insurance, bond and WDB information needs.
- Assure recordation of contract (or letter of intent), substantial (or final) completion certificate, and lien and privilege certificate.
- Establish and maintain an effective and professional working relationship with Owners, Architect, Engineers, Subcontractors, Suppliers, etc.
- Create, or be responsible for a detailed construction schedule. Update the schedule per the Vice President/Project Executives instructions.
- Review and monitor all construction phase documents for conformance with the budget and schedule. Create and maintain pertinent Senior Project Manager logs.
- Make sure that the project filing system is in order per WDB standards.
- Review and analyze (scope-out) subcontractor bid results to determine low responsible bidder with the Estimating Department.
- Monitor financial responsibility and past performance of subcontractors prior to award of any subcontract.
- Negotiate, award and prepare Subcontracts, Contract Purchase Orders, Change Orders and Change Order Requests. Work with Vice Presidents/Project Executives to determine who executes subcontracts.
- Negotiate, prepare and monitor all Owner/Architect RFI’s (Request for Information), Change Order Request, Change Orders and Claims (if necessary).
- Be responsible for putting all Owner & Subcontractor information in the Project Management software. Maintain all logs.
- Ensure preparation and implementation of project Cost Codes.
- Review the Subcontract Pre-billing Worksheet, Pay Estimate Breakdown and Monthly Progress Payment Request and Monitor payment receipts and disbursements.
- Control all Work Orders and Work Requisitions.
- Prepare monthly Project Forecasts and Profit Cost Reports.
- Prepare monthly Owner invoicing. Record it in accounting.
- Monitor subcontract status report and effect timely execution of documents.
- Monitor and control back charges to subcontractors, including timely notification and adjustments to contracts.
- Monitor and control all WDB design cost overruns and notify responsible party.
- Monitor and control all estimating cost overruns and notify responsible party.
- Enforce project close-out efforts.
- Conduct weekly on-site job meetings with documented meeting minutes.
- Support superintendent efforts and field coordination.
- Keep supervisor aware of potential and new problems.
- Monitor and enforce WDB’s Safety Program.
- Manage the Water & Moisture Intrusion Prevention Guidelines. Work with the Superintendent to assure there are no building envelope issues.
- Implement and Monitor the SWPPP plan as required.
Computer Skills Needed
Fundamental knowledge of computer operations and the following applications: Lotus123 or MS Excel, Constructware web based project management software, MS Word, Primavera’s SureTrak Scheduler or P6, and MS Outlook E-mail system.
Technical Skills Needed
Contract law, pricing, negotiating, scheduling, construction techniques, cost accounting, and people skills.
How to Apply
Email your resume to the Director of Human Resources, Nancy Scherer.