Assistant Project Manager
Woodward Design+Build is seeking an Assistant Project Manager.
A support role assisting the Project Manager and Project Superintendent in areas of clerical and administrative work including, but not limited to, solicitation and securing of bids; plan and specification distribution, and all jobs in progress duties, from start-up to job completion, outlined in the Procedures Manual.
The Project Manager Assistant reports directly to the Project Manager and works with other WDB departments including Accounting, Data Processing, and Architectural as necessary.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of correspondence.
- Assist Estimating Department on bid day when necessary.
- Coordinate, process, and maintain submittals, subcontracts, purchase orders, RFI’s, change proposals, change orders, transmittals, and contract documents.
- Preparation of AIA, AGC, and DBIA documents and Pay Applications.
- Assist the Project Superintendent with product and material expediting.
- Assist, publish, and distribute the project schedule and minutes of weekly meetings.
- Coordinate document production of contract document changes.
- Process Fire Marshal application, obtain permits, record Owner Contracts, Substantial Completions, Lien and Privilege Certificates.
- Assist/coordinate the project close-out process.
- Assist Marketing Department in the preparation of proposals for potential construction projects.
o 11+ years experience in the construction industry actively assisting Project Managers. Capable of handling 100% of the responsibilities listed above.
o 6–10 years experience in the construction industry actively assisting Project Managers. Capable of handling 80% of the responsibilities listed above.
o 1–5 years experience in basic construction administration (entry level).
Computer Skills Needed
Basic knowledge of computer operations and the following applications: Word, Project Management software, WordPerfect, Excel, and Lotus 123.
Technical Skills Needed
Fundamental knowledge of construction terminology, plans, specifications, contract documents, and all other project related documents.
How to Apply
Email your resume to the Director of Human Resources, Nancy Scherer.