Accounts Payable Clerk
Woodward Design+Build is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk.
The goal of the Accounts Payable Clerk is to ensure each invoice we receive is accurately and efficiently processed for payment. Excellent organization and communication skills plus keen attention to detail are critical competencies for this role.
The Accounts Payable Clerk will support the accounting team and report to the Accounting Manager. The team member in this role will have direct contact with vendors and Woodward office and field employees.
• Receive and prepare incoming purchase orders and vendor invoices to be matched.
• Prepare matched vendor invoices to be processed in weekly check run.
• Match processed open vendor invoices with computer generated vendor checks weekly.
• Maintain and purge open purchase orders.
• Maintain and research unmatched invoices.
• Obtain W9 from new vendors.
• Maintain a filing system for processed open vendor invoices.
• Communicate with Project managers, Field personnel and vendors regarding problems with invoices.
• Handle vendor calls regarding status of unpaid invoices.
• Process manual/prepaid checks when needed and maintain check log.
• Assist with entering vendor invoices into the AS400, matching checks for signature and disbursement.
• Reviews any problems with Manager.
• Maintain filing system for paid vendor invoices.
• Assist in collecting information for backed up jobs.
• Review and research monthly vendor statements.
Computer Skills Needed
• Fundamental knowledge of IBM System.
• Proficiency with MS Excel and Word and 10-key adding machine.