Seeking a Third Party Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Monitor for World Trade Center Project
13 January 2016
Two Canal Owner, LLC (“Owner”) is seeking detailed responses to this RFP for a Third Party Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (“DBE”) Monitor. The responsibility of the Third Party DBE Monitor is to ensure transparency in our commitment to complying with the City of New Orleans 35% DBE goal for the development of the Four Seasons New Orleans Hotel and Private Residences (the “Project”).
RFP: For Third Party Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Monitoring
RE: Four Seasons New Orleans Hotel and Private Residences
Owner: Two Canal Owner, LLC
Attn: William D. Hoffman
1000 S. Jefferson Davis Parkway
New Orleans, LA 70125
PROJECT: Development and preconstruction activities for the Project are currently underway. Actual site construction is expected to start in the summer of 2016 and continue through 2018. The Project currently has a construction budget of $225 million.
SCOPE OF WORK: The scope of work includes:
1. Monitoring the Owner’s reporting of DBE compliance with the guidelines established with the City of New Orleans (“City”) and New Orleans Building Corp. (“NOBC”).
2. Monitoring the Prime Contractor’s (“Woodward Design + Build”) reporting of DBE compliance under the requirements included in its construction contract.
3. Prepare periodic reports to the NOBC and the City assessing the Owner’s compliance with the agreed upon guidelines of the program.
4. Participating in both in-house meetings and public meetings to discuss the Owner’s compliance with the agreed upon guidelines of the program.
QUALIFICATIONS: Proposals should clearly demonstrate the Respondent’s qualifications and experience to perform the requested scope of work and address each of the following areas:
1. Experience monitoring, auditing, evaluating, and reporting on compliance with the City’s DBE Program.
2. Understanding of the goals and the requirements of the City’s DBE Program.
3. Familiarity with the City’s new DBE monitoring software.
4. Statistical and data analysis.
5. Data management.
6. Experience working with private companies and city/government agencies.
7. Familiarity and understanding of local issues and conditions.
8. Completing projects within anticipated deadlines and budget.
REFERENCES: List current or recent project experience possessed by you or members of your team that will be assigned to this project relevant to the monitoring tasks. Furnish references for each project listed, including the name of the organization, contact person, title, address, e-mail address and telephone number.
PROPOSED ACTIVITIES: Describe (in as specific detail as possible) the activities you would propose to undertake to perform the requested services.
This discussion may address but not be limited to:
1. Methods of obtaining information.
2. Methods of analyzing information.
3. Methods of reporting information.
4. Frequency of proposed activities.
5. The number of hours anticipated to be devoted to specific aspects of the project by month or quarter.
6. How Respondent would coordinate with the Prime Contractor to arrange visits, on-site records reviews.
7. How Respondent would coordinate its monitoring activities, information gathering, and communications with the Owner.
PERSONNEL TO BE ASSIGNED: Response must include:
1. Personnel to be assigned to the engagement.
2. Resumes of personnel assigned.
3. Reporting structure of team assigned.
PRICE PROPOSAL: Based on the above Scope of Work provide a Price Proposal for this Project. Include:
1. Personnel to be assigned.
2. Rate per hour for assigned personnel.
3. Estimated hours for assigned personnel.
4. Other costs to be included in fee.
5. Total estimated fee.
POTENTIAL CONFLICT OR BIAS: Disclose any potential or perceived conflicts of interest involving yourself, your team, your firm, or employee(s) assigned to the project, with the Owner, Prime Contractor, NOBC or City.
DBE PARTICIPATION: This Professional Services contract will require Respondents to achieve a 35% DBE requirement.
1. Issuance of RFP January 13, 2016
2. Pre-bid meeting for RFP January 20, 2016
3. RFP Response DEADLINE February 12, 2016 by 5:00 PM CST
4. Notification of Short-listed Respondents February 25, 2016
5. Interviews with Short-listed Respondents Month of March 2016
6. Selection of Respondent April 4, 2016
This schedule is subject to change and all respondents will be provided notice of any changes.
Two Canal Owner, LLC will hold one pre-bid information session on January 20, 2016, at the office of Woodward Design + Build, 1000 S. Jefferson Davis Parkway, New Orleans, LA 70124, 2nd Floor, at 4:00 PM. While a Respondent’s attendance is not mandatory for submittal to this Request for Proposal, it is encouraged.
Respondents must provide six (6) signed, hard copies and one electronic copy of the response in a sealed envelope addressed to Two Canal Owner, LLC, 1000 S. Jefferson Davis Parkway, New Orleans, LA 70125, Attention: William D. Hoffman.
SELECTION CRITERIA: Selection will be based on:
1. Quality and experience of Monitoring Team. (40%)
2. DBE participation. (30%)
3. Fees proposed. (30%)
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Each respondent is responsible for all costs and expenses incurred in connection with the preparation and submission of its proposal and in any negotiations. Two Canal Owner, LLC will not reimburse any such costs or expenses.
All questions must be submitted in writing by February 3, 2016 via email to Lauren Marshall, Diversity / Community Relations Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.